Skip to main content

Getting off Instagram for my art(photography project update)

Lately I've been doing a small passion project studying light and shadow. Ever since, I've noticed that my colors are better and I'm more focused on what the scene/composition of a shot. I’m more concerned with what’s going on in the frame, I’m becoming more intential with what I want to capture in my photos. The movement of people, places, and atmosphere are becoming more important to me. In this project I am trying to capture what summer feels like here in Atlanta, Ga. The project is called Summer Time in Atlanta. Honestly, I don't have a real name for this project yet but so far, I can call it fun and an enjoyable experience.

I might make a book or small zine and give it to my family and friends just to say thank you for your support. I haven't posted any of this on Instagram because I'm starting not to like that platform anymore. I don't find it enjoyable, nowadays, it just doesn't seem fun. It's starting to become a huge advertising platform. I'm seeing more promotion ads when I log on then post of people I follow or family members.

I am honestly loving not posting any of my work to Instagram and I am loving the photos that are coming from it. I'm noticing what types of compositions I like, the framing, colors, people I like to take photos of it's truly fun. I am not letting what others like dictate what I take photos of. When I posted regularly on Instagram, the value of the photo was represented or determined by who or how many people liked my photos. Looking back on it now, that's not a good way to work for an artist and ultimately discouraged me from wanting to take photos and that’s what happened. This project has really lit a fire under me to go out and take photos and if I don’t have my camera, I am looking at a scene thinking how I could compose that shot. How does the light and shadows look, how can I frame this up and so much more.

Even though I do not enjoy Instagram anymore, the plan is to go back posting in July but of old pictures I took while doing this project. Even though Instagram is horrible it's one of the only ways to gain exposure, that I know of. I want to go back already loving the work and not worrying about the likes and comments. If I could cut off the likes I would but that doesn't work with Instagram’s stupid algorithm. Going back with a much healthier mindset will ultimately be better for me in the long run.

Anyway, here are some of the photos I've done so far for this project. I hope you enjoy them:













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Snap-Back Come-Back!!

 It seems like the popular 80's trend is making a comeback you can trace these hats all the way back to the NWA days all the way up to rappers now a days such as Soulja Boy, Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, Chris Brown and many more. But the thing that I love about these hats are that they old with a new era look. To me when you look at the the snapbacks they demand more of a presents then the fitted since the fitted hats have been around in this era  more. But another thing about the snapbacks I like is that it started in the 80's, meaning that it was in the era when people use to put colors together to make clothing stand out more. Now, in my opinion, most of the colors are kind of straight forward. The 80's are making a comeback too as far as colors being thrown together to make a great creation, like a portrait. What do you guys/gals think. ping rss